It had to happen. A guy called Josh Bush created this flamboyant tribute to pork excess but no one knows the recipe for sure. We made up our own for the degenerate munchies. We will post a pic of our own swineapple soon (next time we’ll focus enough to take pictures). Or you could send us yours! The picture you see here is from the Facebook page where the creation was first mentioned.
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 4-5 country style pork ribs
- 1lb thick sliced bacon
- 2 tbsp Cajun rub
- OR make your own rub - heavy on the brown sugar and paprika
- Chop the pork into large chunks and roll in the rub.
- Slice off the pineapple skin and hollow out the pineapple (remove the hard core)
- Stuff the pork into the pineapple.
- Rub some brown sugar into the outside of the pineapple and then wrap it entirely in bacon. Use toothpicks to keep the bacon in place.
- Cook in Weber smoker or similar at 240-250 for 5 hours.
- Don't have a smoker? Wrap in foil, place in pan,and bake in oven at 250 for 3 and a half hours, then remove foil, turn up to 300 and roast for about an hour until the bacon is bronzed.
- If you want your bacon crispy, finish the swineapple off under the broiler for about 10-15 minutes, turning every few minutes so that you get even crispiness all over.